Cupcakes were chocolate with banana filling and banana cream cheese frosting.
It was a lot of work, but I LOVE doing stuff like this! I'll take every opportunity!
It was a lot of work, but I LOVE doing stuff like this! I'll take every opportunity!
So after trying DOZENS of chocolate cupcakes to find the right ones to fill, my kitchen looked like this...
It was pretty awful! I made a HUGE pot of meat/beans for enough navajo tacos to feed 60 people the night before to save on time. While warming them up, an hour before the party, I got side tracked and scalded them COMPLETELY!! I had a breakdown!!! Justin and I put our heads together and started over. He ran to the store for more ingredients, including canned beans (there was NO time to simmer more) and we got to work...however, when it was all said and done, the rest of my downstairs looked like this...
On our way to the park, it started to downpour! I've NEVER had my children's bdays that wasn't cancelled or postponed due to weather (and they were born in April and July!) Luckily, the Bishop agreed to let us into the church building. It was a little chaotic at first, but overall, a fun time! I know it sounds like a lot of work for a one year old's bday (and it was!)... but I enjoyed the process (for the most part) and wanted my little monkey to look back one day and know just how much I LOVE HIM!!!
It was pretty awful! I made a HUGE pot of meat/beans for enough navajo tacos to feed 60 people the night before to save on time. While warming them up, an hour before the party, I got side tracked and scalded them COMPLETELY!! I had a breakdown!!! Justin and I put our heads together and started over. He ran to the store for more ingredients, including canned beans (there was NO time to simmer more) and we got to work...however, when it was all said and done, the rest of my downstairs looked like this...
On our way to the park, it started to downpour! I've NEVER had my children's bdays that wasn't cancelled or postponed due to weather (and they were born in April and July!) Luckily, the Bishop agreed to let us into the church building. It was a little chaotic at first, but overall, a fun time! I know it sounds like a lot of work for a one year old's bday (and it was!)... but I enjoyed the process (for the most part) and wanted my little monkey to look back one day and know just how much I LOVE HIM!!!








3 comments:
Wow, Kelli. You never did and probably never will cease to amaze me!! :) You're so awesome! And by the way, you look so amazing!!
What fun. You're so crafty! I'm going to have to steal the cupcake idea when Cooper turns 1.
GREAT job . . as ALWAYS!!! Wish I could have been there! What lucky little boys you have! I love you, Kel!
Post a Comment