Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day!

Saying I LOVE Valentine's day is a little cliche and an understatement. I LOVE everything about this day! The supermarket aisles of pink and red, the men standing in line Feb. 14th to buy flowers because somehow they forgot. I love the valentine mailboxes and conversations hearts... but most of all, I love to have a special day set aside to really appreciate the ones we care about. Now let me get on my soapbox for a moment to say, it really annoys me to hear people say (i.e. women) "My husband is so unromantic, he never does anything for me." or "Valentine's day is just another Hallmark holiday, a day of commercialism"... etc. etc. etc. This is what I have to say to that.... WHO CARES!!! February 14th is not a men's holiday, although yes, it would be nice for some acknowledgement, it was not designated for men only to show there devotion and undying love to the woman in their life... it's a day to show love to ALL those you care about!!! So get off your pitty party and do something nice or romantic for someone else! Celebrate your love for your family, friends, spouse, and children. Take advantage of this little reminder once a year to truly appreciate all that you have. Ok... I'm done now. Happy Valentines Day!!!!

3 comments:

Vivian said...

right on!!! Some people think it's all about love, but it's about friendship too!

Christine said...

I agree with you, Kelli! It's not just about getting flowers and chocolates, it's about family and love too! Hope you guys have a great one!

Amy said...

I remember how much you LOVE Valentines Day! We were compadres on a Valentines Day and DANG! I felt kinda bad for not going all out for you! I hope things are going well.

Brotherly Love...

Background...