Tuesday, March 24, 2009

An Answer to Prayer...

The other night Estin woke up at 3am SCREAMING! Justin and I spent an hour or more trying to calm him down and figure out what was wrong. We gave him milk, changed his diaper, gave him Tylenol, tried to rock him, let him come in our bed... NOTHING was working. We didn't know if his tummy hurt from the late dinner he had, or if he'd had a nightmare. Finally, I suggested we say a prayer in his behalf. Justin asked Heavenly Father to bless Estin to be able to tell us what was bothering him. Within seconds of saying amen Estin, in between sobs, says "Minner" (dinner). I looked at him funny and said, "Are you hungry? You want dinner?" IMMEDIATELY he stopped crying, perked right up and said "All Wight!" He was still HUNGRY!!! Justin and I couldn't stop laughing!!! Talk about an IMMEDIATE answer to prayer. So at 4:30am in the morning Estin ate a cheese crisp and ketchup and then slept until 9am the next day. What a night!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Holy cow, what a night indeed, and what a great lesson. Always pray. Thanks for reminding me to pray always. Good post!

Brotherly Love...

Background...