Thursday, January 14, 2010

Give a Day Get a Day...

Disney!!! So Disneyland is encouraging everyone to get out and serve your communities... As an incentive, they will give you 1 free voucher (worth $72) towards an all day pass to Disneyland or Disneyworld to be used by Dec. 15th 2010. Isn't that GREAT! Justin and I will be married for 5 YEARS this September, and since our honeymoon was all of 2 days long, we are GOING TO DISNEYLAND! I'm SO excited! (Can you tell!) Saturday we volunteered for Habitat for Humanity, a non-profit organization that builds homes for low income familes. We had a BLAST! Justin was put to work using his skills as a finish carpenter. The director was SO happy to have someone that knew what they were doing! I also learned how to hang a door, put in base board and trim and run the chop saw. Not too shabby!
Base board I put in :)
For more information on how to get started go to www.disneyland.com

2 comments:

Adam Stephanie KaileeJo Taydom and Hadley said...

That looks like so much fun. I want to go back to Disneyland. It is such a happy place. I hope you enjoy your day there.

Heidi said...

Great job!! I suggest you submit your information for the ticket voucher ASAP. They're only giving away 1 million tickets. They'll go fast.

I'm glad to hear it worked for you. Trying to get signed up to volunteer was a nightmare for us. We tried 4 different organizations. The website finally let us confirm with one of them...only to find out later that it didn't work right, and we weren't really signed up with them. We finally gave up. I predict Disney will have a lot of cranky people on their hands, cause I know a lot more than 1 million people are going to volunteer and expect to get a ticket.

Brotherly Love...

Background...