Sunday, May 2, 2010

Update...

So I'll post about my birthday boys adventures maybe sometime tomorrow..but for now it's late and I'm tired. Just thought I'd give a brief update of what's been going on. Last week, during ANOTHER ER visit, I was referred to the urologist on call at the hospital. He chose to try a Lasix Renal Scan of my kidney (something that up to that point no one had considered). A blockage of sorts was found so he opted to put in a nephrostomy tube. Basically it's a small catheter that runs through my back into a small bag I have attached to my leg (lovely eh?). So far, it's been GREAT! I actually feel normal again (despite the fact I have this thing coming out my back and attached to my leg). I did go to the ER again last Sunday (what is it with Sundays?) because I was in a TERRIBLE amount of pain. Aparently, there was a kink in my tube which caused a bacterial infection...However, once the kink was out, and I was put on antibiotics, I've felt pretty good! The only other thing I've noticed is, I can't keep a lot down. I've been getting REALLY sick for the past 10 days or so... I'll be fine one minute, and in the bathroom over the toilet the next. Don't know if it's all related or not... (for those of you who are wondering.. NO, I'M NOT PREGNANT!!!-Plenty of tests have ruled that out!) Tomorrow morning I go in to have the nephrostomy tube internalized. I don't really know too much about the procedure other than they'll basically go through my back to insert a tube from my kidney to my bladder. It's actually pretty common. I'm guessing I'll have it in for several weeks while everything heals. Lets just HOPE this will do the trick!!! For now, THANK YOU FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! Life is good but it's about to get better!! Until next time...

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am so sorry you are going through so much pain, Kelly! You guys have been in our prayers and will continue to be! Hope it works so you can find relief soon!

Brotherly Love...

Background...