Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy 30th Justin!!! (and Jordan)

Justin hit the big 30 as of yesterday! Wow! Where does it go? We went to Utah for the weekend. Friday night I was able to reserve a table for 20 at Chili's and we had an "adult only" dinner. That was nice. Afterward, Justin and I went over to Jordan's for "cake & ice cream." While there, Tiara mentioned she had Jordan's birthday present in the garage and asked if we all (Jordan included) wanted to see it. What Justin didn't know was that I had sectretly transported HIS present down from Idaho the month before. He has been wanting a chop saw since before I knew him. It's about $650-$700 and completely out of our budget, but I had been saving for awhile & with the help of some $ from a side job he did (which he thought went to bills) I was able to pull it off & get him his dream gift as a special reminder of his 30th birthday. Seeing his face alone was worth it! He knew it was a physical and financial impossibility for years to come... so that made it an even better surprise!
Every year, since we were friends, I've given him a T-shirt for his birthday. This year, due to lack of ideas, he got this COOL Pinto shirt from Kohls.
Yesterday, (his actual birthday) he worked until noon, then we dropped Estin off at Grandma's and went to Idaho Falls for lunch at Red Robin. Their strawberry lemonade and onion rings are to DIE for! Justin got all embarassed when they brought out an ice cream sundae and made him wear balloons on his head. It was pretty funny.
Afterward, we went and saw Monsters vs. Aliens. It was pretty good, although we won't own it. Last night we had about 15-20 friends over from the ward for cake & ice cream.

5 comments:

Kyle and Alyssa said...

I didn't know Justin was a twin! Nice work on that killer surprise! WOW! I'm impressed. It was fun celebrating with you guys yesterday.

Tanya said...

Wow looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! Wish we could have gone to the party but Hallie has been getting over being sick. I noticed that blanket in the toddler bed post, you did and awesome job! I love the design of it and all the awesome fabric. We will have to get crafty together sometime.

Kalli said...

Hey! Names for our baby boy: definitely a debate. Mackay is named after David O. McKay. So we were thinking about carrying on that theme: Brigham, Grant, Spencer, Benson, Hunter, Taylor. We'll see, though. No offense to our prophets, but Woolley, Bitner, and Jeddy are out. Nate thought it would be a great way to share the gospel when someone asks where you got your name from. Especially if one of our children falls astray, their name will be a constant reminder to them of the true gospel. I don't know if I'm big into themed children's names, but it does help narrow the list down, so we'll see.

Oh, and happy birthday Justin! I did a surprise like that for Nate for Christmas. Texas is pretty depressing with no mountains to go backpacking, rock climbing, etc. So I surprised Nate with skydiving! I was going to go with him, but then I got pregnant. Oh well, it's probably for the better.

Allen Family said...

That looked like a lot of fun. I hope you guys are doing good. I haven't seen or heard from you in a while.

Amanda said...

I just wanted to let you know that I read your blog and I am so happy that I have a way to keep in touch!! Congrat on the pregnancy!

Brotherly Love...

Background...