Monday, March 7, 2011

My Grandma...

Saturday, I returned home from visiting my dying Grandma Nelson in AZ. She is such a pillar of strength to me. I have SO many wonderful memories of her; her legacy will live on in her children and grandchildren because of the example she has set. I'm grateful I got the chance to say goodbye and I'm grateful for the knowledge of an eternal family. Her passing, although sad, will be a reason to celebrate the life she lived and the knowledge that she is once again reunited with her sweetheart. I love you Grandma!
Since Grandma's birthday is in April and we don't know if either of us will be there for it, we decided to throw a birthday party for her and my mom (whose birthday is this month). My Grandma LOVES birthdays.. and LOVES parties (I think we all know who I take after!)... It was SO worth it to see her face light up, and although she couldn't say much (due to the stroke) her face and countenance said it all. She said: "The best day. So happy!" :)
Estin picked out crunchy Cheeto's (something that he and GG share often) and a happy balloon!
Party Animal! :)
The boys loved spending time at the park. I am SO grateful for nice weather!! It was hard being a "single" parent! I am grateful for help from my family...I don't think I could've managed 8 days without them!!
Now we know where Estin gets such a big smile!! :)
We got a chance to see my dad, his fiance; Virginia and my Grandma Frazier too! IT was SO great to see them!
Chillin' in the back seat...
Our last goodbye... Love you Grandma!!!
The Grand Canyon...
UTAH!!!
I SOMEHOW managed to get a suitcase, a large diaper bag, a purse, a 3 year old and a 1 year old through the airport, through security, and through a 1.5 hour flight ALONE!!! Whew! We made it!!! How grateful I am I went... how grateful I am to be home!!! (Justin is too!! :))

3 comments:

Brammer Family said...

Kelli, you're an absolute sweetheart. I'm sorry for this tough time you're going through.

Cherai said...

Thanks for posting this. We sure love Grams. Can you send me a copy of the first 2 pictures. I love them. Did you take them?

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...

herve leger dress outfit premise herve leger dresses has been on the red carpet can't go wrong choice, and Clinton lady favoriteleger dress choice Herve Leger Single Strap has been Chelsea in it and where Vera hesitated. The Lea Valentino Dresses Michele 24, actually wear rise like 34 watch her show before the skin

Brotherly Love...

Background...