Every Halloween Justin's family gets together for their annual Halloween bananza! It's a BIG deal! Not only do the children (all 27 of them) come in costume... but so do the adults. We're not talking about a sheet draped over you to resemble a ghost either... these costumes are extreme... usually hand made! No pressure here! We had a blast! Everyone meets out on the lawn of my brother-in-laws home for pictures and ooing, then it's the famous rat toss. I'm not exactly sure how the rat toss came to be... but every family has its history. The rat toss consists of everyone taking a turn (youngest to oldest) throwing a LARGE plastic rat under their legs and up over their head to see who can go the farthest. Needless to say, I've never won. It gets pretty funny in all the costumes. Jon and Jen's basement is a teenagers dream. Black lights, pool table, disco room... you name it... it's the place to party! Then everyone chows down on a 6 foot sub and homemade sides. It's a great time! This year I made Estin a banana costume with his monkey backback strapped on the back. Did it matter I spent ALL day trying to put the dumb thing together without so much as a pattern? Noooo... he screamed everytime I tried to put it on him! Oh well, he makes a cute little lion. I went as a pirate and Justin as my floozie!!! Can you believe it? I love it when he does stuff that is so out of character!!! See for yourself...









1 comment:
Oh Kelli how cute!! You are so creative!! I wouldn't even know where to begin to make a homemade costume! Thankfully grandmas are pretty generous, especially with the first grandson, so Sammy's going to be a pumpkin!
Post a Comment