Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tender Mercies...

So these past few weeks have been full of Heavenly Father's tender mercies. Please let me share a few... 1) I served a mission in Monroe, LA. just over 5 years ago. While there, I met a couple who became my adopted parents. I helped teach them the gospel and enjoyed being in their home a great deal. They were my family so far away from home. I kept in touch with them after my return to Utah but once I got married, I could no longer locate them. I tried and tried to find them. Christmas cards came back, emails were marked 'undeliverable' and their phone number was disconnected. This week, however, 3 years later... Pop sent me an email! Turns out they had been looking for me too!!! But... it gets even better than that!!! I saw them both just this morning in Rexburg as they were passing through!!! It was a wonderful reunion and I was reminded very quickly just how much the Lord really is in charge. 2) Shortly after I returned from my mission I joined an online friend community. I became connected with a young girl still in young womens. She talked about her family and asked me all sorts of gospel centered questions. I was happy to be her friend. 5 years later we're still in touch... she is no longer the mia maid I first met, but will be entering the MTC Wed. the 12th on my birthday! I can't believe it!!! I am SO happy for her and so glad I've had the chance to maybe help encourage her a little. A mission will change her life FOREVER!!! I can attest to that!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Isn't it AWESOME to find old friends from your mission? I absolutely LOVE it! Your family is so adorable and you look GREAT!

Brotherly Love...

Background...