Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pinewood Derby...

I'm not a frequent contributor on our blog, this should do it for another year or so... I used to own a 1972 Plymouth Fury III it was given to me by my Grandmother Cora. I loved this car. Kelli and her friends, when we were dating, wanted to give it a name so Cora was the natural choice. When the pinewood derby came up, I had to make Cora! Kelli went the with something a little more non-traditional.
After many hours of carving, polishing, painting and taking a neighbor to the urgent care for 10 stitches (after using one of my chisels) the cars were done. The day of the race came, we had a lot of fun with the different ward members that participated....
Drumroll please! I got 3rd place in our regular mens division and Kelli blew everyone away and got 1st place in the sisters category! Way to go Kelli!!
The videos tell the story! I barely lost to Kelli in our head to head exibition race. I don't feel too bad, I did a good portion of the carving and wheel polishing on her car (she sculpted the monkeys), but she still won.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That is so awesome! You guys do such fun and cool projects I would never think of! Lucky to have such a craftsman in the family to help with such projects!

Kyle and Alyssa said...

Wow! I had no idea the talent you have! Both cars looks so amazing! How did you do that? Pretty artistic:) Not just that but you won! Congrats I really think that is cool. Hey when are you coming our way? This fall? Good luck with the delievery

Brotherly Love...

Background...