Monday, May 25, 2009

Funny Boy....

I LOVE being a mom!!! There are days when NOTHING goes right but I just have to shake my head, laugh, and thank my Heavenly Father for giving me the opportunity to raise such a GREAT little boy. Here are a few reasons why I LOVE my little man... 1) Mother's Day was not extremely relaxing for me... at least during church. Our ward has the crazy schedule of starting at 1pm with Sacrament meeting last... so needless to say, it usually ends up with Justin or I out in the hall. Estin had not napped at all and was having a hard time when I took my shift by taking him into the mother's lounge to make him sit on my lap. I KNEW he was tired but he wasn't cooperating... in fact, he screamed SO hard he threw up all over me just as the overhead speaker was comparing a mother's work to that of the angels. I thought I might calm him down by singing his favorite bedtime song, "I Am a Child of God." As I started to sing, he shouted..."No Child of God!" "No lead you, guide you, walk beside you!" How can you not smile after something like that. He eventually did fall asleep... 5 minutes before church was over. 2) While walking around the grocery store the other night, Estin was chomping away on a sucker when he pulled it out of his mouth and said, "I need this!" 3) Estin's been struggling with a cold and runny nose for the umpteenth time this year. The other day I caught him wiping his nose on his arm, then rubbing it in and saying, "Lotion!" Wow... I have a little boy!!!

2 comments:

azguitargirl said...

Vinnie will get a kick out of Estin's comment..he HATES lotion. :)

azguitargirl said...

Funny about the suckers too..I can relate to wanting some goods pretty badly at times. :) Of course I love, " No child of God "..I think that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard! :) I guess we all have our moments, don't we? ;)

Brotherly Love...

Background...